Saturday, April 4, 2009

off to a good start

Day 2 of Owl Tor season was also my second day of the year on Better Than Life. I basically did what I wanted to, which was climb from the ground to the hueco at the fifth bolt. I've got my eye on Strictly Ballroom this season and I know no amount of training will be too much. This is the time to push hard on routes selected to prepare me for the work ahead.

da routes:

  1. Power of Eating (5.11d) - redpoint
  2. When the Sea Doesn't Want You (5.12a) - redpoint
  3. Chips Ahoy (5.12d) - redpoint
  4. Better Than Life (5.13c) - 1 fall after clipping the fifth bolt at the hueco
  5. Shatter Hand (5.12d) - fell right after the last clip, then worked out the top moves; not my favorite route
  6. White Cougar (5.12b) - fell at the long move after the last clip, then worked around at the top; this route is not brilliant (I'm sorry, Steve - don't hate me cuz you're beautiful)
  7. Anchor Punch (5.12a) - redpoint
  8. When the Sea Doesn't Want You - redpoint

No comments: