Wednesday, June 11, 2008

first wood

Campusing is rad. It's so rad I got up at 5:30 this morning to do it before work. My right elbow is still bothering me a bit so I just did hangs, no moves. And I noticed big moves give my elbow more pain or, I should say, I noticed while hanging that the further my hands are from one another the more it hurts my elbow. My theory is, considering my pronator teres is damaged, whose responsibility is to pronate my hand, that the closer my right hand is to my right shoulder the more extreme the pronation. Observe:


Here, my hands are close together causing minimal pronation.


Increasing the distance between my hands causes my lower hand to approach the level of my shoulder, decreasing the angle at my elbow and exaggerating my hand's pronation.


And here's a photo of me two-finger campusing. No reason.

This maybe doesn't say anything important. I just thought it interesting and not necessarily obvious. I've noticed as I get older avoiding injury is more important than developing strength. It's only when I'm performing near my limit that training is effective, where I can't get with an injury holding me back. Unfortunately, this also is where I'm most likely to sustain damage. Healthy training takes me one step forward while an injury takes me two steps back.

No comments: