Monday, September 8, 2008

that which does not kill me makes me madder

Owl Tor made me mean. She had to have seen this coming. Probably she knew all along her special kind of relentless derision would make a person mean if it didn't break them. Which explains why on Saturday, on my second consecutive weekend of uncharacteristically strong performances, I still feel beaten. What else could I feel? There aren't any other emotions left. Failure is all I know from the Tor. Better Than Life saw me 1-fall her on my first attempt of the season. That's a hard route for me. One fall is about as much as I could expect on day one. And yet, it's not success. In addition to making that perfectly clear, Owl Tor covered BTL in a thick mixture of mud and spiders and turned the heat up to 102 degrees. My leg still hurts from a spooky fall at the third bolt. She will not be giving out breaks this season, I know it.
da routes:

  1. Power of Eating (5.11d) - redpoint
  2. Auto Magic (5.12a) - redpoint
  3. Better Than Life (5.13c) - 3 falls
  4. Better Than Life (5.13c) - 1 fall
  5. Chips to Pro Skill variation (5.13a?) - 1 fall
  6. Hell of the Upside Down Sinners (5.12b) - 1 fall
  7. Anchor Punch (5.12a) - 1 fall
see Andy on Chips Ahoy (5.12d)

1 comment:

Micah said...

Fuck yeah! 1 fall on BTL is the raddest thing İ have heard yet. Swimming bro. Its the answer. Keep cranking. You are keeping me super motivated to send the hard stuff.